February 7, 2011

Classic of The Day: J DIlla

Happy Birthday, J Dilla. I usually post videos of the artist on the Classic of the Day, but unfortunately I couldn't find one to fully captivate James "J Dilla" Yancey's pure greatness, though I did get a video of a song we all know and love, produced by him. Dilla was not only a monster behind the boards, but on the mic, too. I have chosen 5 of my favorite joints from one of my heaviest influences in hip-hop production and just music altogether. I hate the fact that I had to learn so much of his music after his death, but I know he is in a better place. R.I.P Jay Dee
All audio/video is after the jump!



Janet Jackson - Got 'till It's Gone




Geek Down (Instrumental)


Come Get It


Q-Tip - Move (prod. J Dilla)


Jungle Love (Instrumental)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Box